Friday, February 24, 2012

Fall 2011 Semester Recap

Since I am now just starting my blog after completing one semester at RCC, I decided to post some pictures of my projects I did last semester.

My first two projects were apart of my Principles and Elements of Design class. Basically, we learned all of the principles and elements of design (scale, balance, color, proportion, texture, etc.) In order to learn these - and since color is a whole other matter - we were only allowed to work with black, white, and gray for our design projects.



Project 1
3-dimensional & non objective on 3 panels
"Robin"



Project 2
3-dimensional & non objective on 6 panels
"Commute"



My last project was for my Products class where we learned about types of finishes for furniture, flooring, countertops, etc. It was an online class and for our last project before the semester ended we were assigned to create a new, unique piece of furniture, light fixture, or accessory, etc. I chose to reuse an old Apple Crate that I found from a farm and turned it into an Ottoman.


Products Project

"Gala Ottoman"








No comments:

Post a Comment